Though you might not realize it, dry compressed air are used in each and every manufacturing unit in Steel industry.
Use of Compressed Air in Steel Industry
In Steel manufacturing units, generally following Compressed air powered pneumatic machines are used :
- Jolt squeeze turnover machines
- Bundling machine for semi finished products
- Pneumatic control and actuators
- Ash Handling System
- Injection molding
- Coolant for hot tools and system
- Assembling station powering
- Tool powering
- Feeding of metal sheets
- Carbon reduction in steel production
A major problem in compressed air systems is the presence of water, dust particles, oil (oils particles are introduced by lubricated air compressors) and solid contaminants which can adversely affect air quality.
If the contaminated compressed air will be used through compressed air powered pneumatic tools and machines then there will be following problems :
- Malfunctioning of pneumatic tools and machines
- Sluggish and inconsistent operation of valves and cylinder
- Corrosion in pipe lines, cylinder and other components
- Increase in downtime
- Increase in maintenance cost of pneumatic machines / tools / controls.
- Freezing in exposed lines during cold weather.
The Delair Solution
Remove water, dust particles, oil (oils particles are introduced by lubricated air compressors) and solid contaminants from compressed air.
Delair offers wide range of refrigeration dryer and adsorption dryers which removed water / moisture from compressed air.
Delair Refrigeration Dryers
This dryer operates on the method of cooling the air to near freezing point to remove the moisture and reheating it to approximately 10°C below the incoming compressed air temperature at nominal conditions.
Delair Adsorption dryer
The dryers is based on the principle of heatless regeneration and the physical properties of ther desiccant to adsorb and desorb the water vapour, It uses pressure swing principle / purge air to regenerate the desiccant bed.
Delair also offers Pre Filters and Oil Filters which removes dust particles, oil particles and other types of solid contaminated present in dry air.