Though you might not realize it, dry compressed air affects each and every unit in PET bottle manufacturing.
Use of Compressed Air in PET Bottle Manufacturing
- Mold Press Powering
- Tool powering
- Injection molding
- Blowing work piece from production molds
- Conveying plastic pellets
In Pet bottle manufacturing units, generally following compressed air powered pneumatic Systems are used :
- Pneumatic Control and Actuators
- Forming Machine
- Cutting equipment
- Adhesive Station
- Conveying Machine
A major problem in compressed air systems is the presence of water, dust particles, oil (oils particles are introduced by lubricated air compressors) and solid contaminants which can adversely affect air quality.
If the contaminated compressed air will be used through pneumatic tools and machines then there will be following problems :
- Malfunctioning of pneumatic tools and machines
- Sluggish and inconsistent operation of valves and cylinder
- Corrosion in pipe lines, cylinder and other components
- Increase in downtime
- Increase in maintenance cost of pneumatic machines / tools / controls.
- Freezing in exposed lines during cold weather.
Moisture in compressed air also leads to problems like :
- Loss of clarity i.e clouding of PET bottles / containers
- Loss of strength of PET bottles / containers
- Contamination of PET resin
- Internal bubbles / pockmarks in the bottles / containers
Dry and uncontaminated compressed air is must for PET blow molding process.