Though you might not realize it, dry compressed air affects each and every unit in Printing and Publishers industry.
Use of Compressed Air in Printing And Publishers Industry
In Printing units, generally following compressed air powered pneumatic machines are used :
- Feeding Machine
- Pressing Machine
- Air Brush
- Press fitting clap sleeves
- Roller adjustment
- Cutting paper
- Monitoring of paper reel
A major problem in compressed air systems is the presence of water, dust particles, oil (oils particles are introduced by lubricated air compressors) and solid contaminants which can adversely affect air quality.
If the contaminated compressed air will be used through pneumatic tools and machines then there will be following problems :
- Malfunctioning of pneumatic tools and machines
- Sluggish and inconsistent operation of valves and cylinder
- Corrosion in pipe lines, cylinder and other components
- Increase in downtime
- Increase in maintenance cost of pneumatic machines / tools / controls
- Freezing in exposed lines during cold weather
Moisture in compressed air also leads to problems like :
- Loss of finish / gloss on the printing surface.
- Brittleness or unevenness of printed material.
- Poor print quality
- Increase in wastage due to dull and poor printing
- Sticking problems in automated material feeding and handling process.
The Delair Solution
Remove water, dust particles, oil (oils particles are introduced by lubricated air compressors) and solid contaminants from compressed air.
Delair offers wide range of refrigeration dryer and adsorption dryers which removed water / moisture from compressed air.
Delair Refrigeration Dryers
This dryer operates on the method of cooling the air to near freezing point to remove the moisture and reheating it to approximately 10°C below the incoming compressed air temperature at nominal conditions.
Delair Adsorption dryer
The dryers is based on the principle of heatless regeneration and the physical properties of the desiccant to adsorb and desorb the water vapour, It uses pressure swing principle / purge air to regenerate the desiccant bed.
Delair also offers Pre Filters and Oil Filters which removes dust particles, oil particles and other types of solid contaminated present in dry air.