Though you might not realize it, dry compressed air affects each and every unit of Glass Manufacturing.
Use of Compressed Air in Glass Industry
Compressed air power Pneumatic Machines used in Glass Manufacturing Units
- Forming Machine
- Double Edge Machine
- Sheet Glass Trolley
- Forvet – Drilling Machine
- Water Jet Machine
Units where Compressed air powered Pneumatic machines are used
- Hardening Plant
- Glass Designing Unit
- Machining Center
- Glass Cutting Plant
- Turning Center
- Glass Blowing
- Stationery Transfer Device
A major problem in compressed air systems is the presence of water, dust particles, oil (oils particles are introduced by lubricated air compressors) and solid contaminants which can adversely affect air quality.
If the contaminated compressed air will be used through pneumatic tools and machines then there will be following problems :
- Malfunctioning of pneumatic tools and machines
- Sluggish and inconsistent operation of valves and cylinder
- Corrosion in pipe lines, cylinder and other components
- Increase in downtime
- Increase in maintenance cost of pneumatic machines / tools / controls.
- Freezing in exposed lines during cold weather.
Moisture in compressed air also leads to problems like :
- Low level glass consistency and homogeneity, as moisture pollutes the glass.
- Uneven / poor toughening processing.
- Loss of strength / fogging of glass.
- Poor quality of glass leading to increase in wastage.
Remove moisture / water, dust particles, oil (oils particles are introduced by lubricated air compressors) and solid contaminants from compressed air.
The Delair Solution
Delair offers wide range of refrigeration dryer and adsorption dryers which removes water / moisture from compressed air.
Delair Refrigeration dryers
This dryer operates on the method of cooling the air to near freezing point to remove the moisture and reheating it to approximately 10°C below the incoming compressed air temperature at nominal conditions.
Delair Adsorption dryer
The dryers is based on the principle of heatless regeneration and the physical properties of ther desiccant to adsorb and desorb the water vapour, It uses pressure swing principle / purge air to regenerate the desiccant bed.
Delair also offers Pre Filters and Oil Filters which removes dust particles, oil particles and other types of solid contaminated present in dry air.