Though you might not realize it, dry compressed air affects each and every Manufacturing unit in Food industry.
Use of Compressed Air Dryer in Food Industry
In Food manufacturing units, generally following compressed air powered pneumatic machines are used :
- Pneumatic Control and Actuators
- Labeling Machine
- Packing Machines
- Pelleting Machine
- Weighing Equipment
- Conveying machine
A major problem in compressed air systems is the presence of water, dust particles, oil (oils particles are introduced by lubricated air compressors) and solid contaminants which can adversely affect air quality.
If the contaminated compressed air will be used through pneumatic tools and machines then there will be following problems :
- Malfunctioning of pneumatic tools and machines
- Sluggish and inconsistent operation of valves and cylinder
- Corrosion in pipe lines, cylinder and other components
- Increase in downtime
- Increase in maintenance cost of pneumatic machines / tools / controls.
- Freezing in exposed lines during cold weather.
Moisture in compressed air also leads to problems like :
- Containers requires reliable clean-out and evacuation to meet stringent quality standards.
- Moisture and dust particles in air tight packs may spoil food.
- Presence of moisture and dust particles during spraying leads to unhygienic food.
- Presence of moisture and dust particles in baked food trays may spoil food.
Majority of the food products are highly hygroscopic and tend to suffer physical, enzymatic, microbiological and biochemical deterioration after coming in contact with moisture laden compressed air.
Spraying and coating
Remove water, dust particles, oil (oils particles are introduced by lubricated air compressors) and solid contaminants from compressed air.
The Delair Solution
Delair offers wide range of Refrigeration dryer and Adsorption dryers which removed water / moisture from compressed air.
Delair Refrigeration Dryers
This dryer operates on the method of cooling the air to near freezing point to remove the moisture and reheating it to approximately 10°C below the incoming compressed air temperature at nominal conditions.
Delair Adsorption Dryer
The dryers is based on the principle of heatless regeneration and the physical properties of ther desiccant to adsorb and desorb the water vapour, It uses pressure swing principle / purge air to regenerate the desiccant bed.
Delair also offers Pre Filters and Oil Filters which removes dust particles, oil particles and other types of solid contaminated present in dry air.