Though you might not realize it, dry compressed air is used in each and every unit in Pharmaceutical industry.
Use of Compressed Air Dryer in Pharmaceutical Industry
- Lid Sealer Machine
- Capping Machine
- Container Feeder
- Liquid Filler Machine
- Blister Packing Machine
- Pneumatic control and actuators
- Auto Container Ejector
- Rotatory Continuous Filling Machine
- Pneumatic Labeling and Printing Machines
- Conveying – pills, capsules, tablets, packaging materials
- Spray system
- Oxidation process
- Slides in process circuit
- Cleaning – bottles and containers
- Aseptic packaging
A major problem in compressed air systems is the presence of water, dust particles, oil (oil particles are introduced by lubricated air compressors) and solid contaminants which can adversely affect air quality.
- Moisture in compressed air may change the colour of tablet coating
- There should not be dust while powder coating process
- Moisture can react with chemicals
- Moisture results in blisters in tablets
- Moisture may result in breakage of tablets
If moisture laden compressed air is used through pneumatic tools and machines, it may lead to following problems :
- Malfunctioning of pneumatic tools and machines
- Sluggish and inconsistent operation of valves and cylinder
- Corrosion in pipe lines, cylinder and other components
- Increase in downtime
- Increase in maintenance cost of pneumatic machines / tools / controls.
- Freezing in exposed lines during cold weather.
Majority of the pharmaceutical products are highly hygroscopic and tend to suffer physical, enzymatic, microbiological and biochemical deterioration after coming in contact with moisture laden compressed air.
Containers requires reliable clean-out and evacuation to meet stringent quality standards.
Delair offers wide range of refrigeration dryer and adsorption dryers which removes water / moisture, dust particles, oil (oil particles are introduced by lubricated air compressors) and solid contaminants from compressed air.
The Delair Solution
Delair Dryer operates on the method of cooling the air to near freezing point to remove the moisture and reheating it to approximately 10°C below the incoming compressed air temperature at nominal conditions.
Delair Adsorption Dryer
The Dryer is based on the principle of heatless regeneration and the physical properties of the desiccant to adsorb and desorb the water vapour. It use pressure swing principle / purge air to regenerate the desiccant bed.
Delair also offers Pre Filters and Oil Filters which removes dust particles, oil particles and other types of solid contaminated present in dry air.